Fanttik X8 Apex Battery Powered Air Compressor: Getting Rolling – by Grannygear
The creation of powerful and compact batteries that recharge for years of use has given rise to all kinds of devices that bring an easier and portable solution for many tasks. Just look at at the battery powered world of power tools. One of the ways it can be used is for the new crop of portable, quite small, yet decently powerful air compressors that are battery powered and rechargeable. We have a sample of one of these to review. Fanttik offers the X8 Apex model air compressor and it is being sold by Aventon, a seller of Ebikes and related cycling accessories. Aventon sells the X8 Apex for $149.99.
From the Aventon website:
“The X8 Apex Air multi-purpose inflator handles any inflation need, anywhere. Fitting in the palm of your hand, it can inflate devices up to 150 PSI or 10-bar. Inflation is as easy as its deflate function, and with a built-in light, the rechargeable X8 Apex Air inflator can be used from day to night. With 5 inflation modes and 3 interchangeable adapters, rest easy knowing you’re covered for any and all at-home inflation needs or on-the-go emergencies.
- 2X FASTER INFLATION: The powerful X8 APEX tire inflator has a built-in high-performance chip that can quickly inflate tires and provide max pressure of 150 PSI and airflow of 32L/Min. It takes only 14s to pump up one road bike tire(0-45PSI), less than 6 minutes for one 205/55 R16 car tire(0-36PSI).
- DURABLE WIRELESS INFLATION: Come with the rechargeable 7800mAh battery, X8 apex does not require an external power supply while working and can provide a wireless continuous runtime up to 40 mins. Perfect for inflating cars, motorcycles, bikes, balls, and other inflatables, including new-energy vehicles like Tesla.
- OPERATION STATUS IN A GLANCE: The large LCD dual display shows both real-time pressure value and preset value, convenient to read and observe the tire pressure status. 5 preset modes with auto-stop give you smart inflation. No need to worry about over-inflating your tire.
- AUTO DETECT AND SHUTOFF: Preset the value you want and the air compressor will automatically shut off when the pressure is reached, so you don’t have to worry about over inflating or low tire pressure anymore.
- MORE THAN A TIRE INFLATOR: On the top of this air pump is a 2-mode LED light providing convenience for you to inflate and change tires in the dark. On the bottom there is a 5V/3A USB-C input port and a 5V/2A USB-A output port, making it an emergency power supply for your phone. Besides, its compact size can be easily fit in your car, bicycle rack or backpack.“
Now when I was first approached for reviewing this item I immediately thought of Mrs. Grannygear. She does struggle a bit with some floor pumps, both with the physical effort required to get the air pressure in the tire and fiddling with the valve heads. I thought this X8 Apex would be a way to bypass most of that faffing around as well as get a very accurate psi number of inflation. Just dial it in and press a button.
I did not need the X8 Apex though. I can use a floor pump. No biggy. You don’t have to re-charge a floor pump and it will still work every time I need it. But. I also had a thought in the back of my mind that I might get used to it myself. We shall see. I will be pushing this thing through it’s paces to see if it is really all that useful. I do think the quality of the device looks high. It comes with a nice bag to store it in, a hose with Schraeder and Presta fittings, and a ball inflator plus a charging cable.
We shall see.
Note: Riding Gravel received the Aventon X8 Apex Inflation device at no charge from Aventon for test and review. We were not paid, nor bribed for this review and we will always strive to give our honest thoughts and views throughout.
1 thought on “Fanttik X8 Apex Battery Powered Air Compressor: Getting Rolling”