***IMPORTANT COVID INFORMATION*** DUE TO THE VERY HIGH NUMBER OF EVENT CHANGES, ALTERATIONS, AND CANCELLATIONS, WE ARE CONTINUING THIS EVENT CALENDAR AS AN ARCHIVE ONLY. YOU SHOULD USE THE INFORMATION ONLY AS A HISTORICAL REFERENCE. YOU NEED TO GO TO THE SPECIFIC EVENT WEBSITE TO GET THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION. PLEASE ALSO NOTE – WE ARE NOT THE ONES TO CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTIONS ABOUT AN EVENT, PLEASE CONTACT THE EVENT CONTACTS DIRECTLY.
Kansas Cannonball 550
September 25 @ 7:00 am - September 27 @ 5:00 pm
This is the 4th annual Cannonball 550! There will be an all new route taking you through 550 miles of SE Kansas. This route is not flat. We’re taking you through the southern Flinthills right into the foothills of the Ozark Mountains. Tour Divide rules will apply. This is a completely self-supported bikepacking drop-ride. There are no support stations, checkpoints, SAG stops, etc other than what is available on route.
The Cannonball 550 is a 550 mile gravel bikepacking event that starts and ends in Emporia Kansas. We’ll meet in front of the Granada Theater and take off at 7am. This goes through the heart of the Flinthills, so bring your climbing legs!
This is a ride, not a race…but if you happen to finish first…
There is no entry fee, there are no support stations, you’re on your own. Tour Divide rules apply; no outside support that isn’t available to all riders.
Edit: Rules clarification.
1. You must complete the entire route. If you leave the route for any reason, you must return to the route at the exact spot you left – no skipping ahead.
2. No outside assistance is permitted except for businesses that are open to the public. IE – if your Auntie Em lives along the route, you cannot stay in her barn, unless her barn is available to all racers.
3. This is a totally self-supported event. If you break down in the middle of nowhere, no one will come and pick you up. There are no support crews allowed on the course for any reason other than to pick up a rider who drops. There are no water stops, there are no SAG stations, there are no portable massage booths.
4. NO TRESPASSING! There’s a post about camping in the comment section, please read it.
5. There is no time limit. The clock starts at 7am on Friday, September 28th, and it stops when you finish. If you want to complete this course without stopping, that’s awesome. If you want to take 10 days to complete this course, that’s awesome too. This is not a group ride, you ride at your own pace. Some of you will obviously be trying to ride faster than others; good luck!