***IMPORTANT COVID INFORMATION*** DUE TO THE VERY HIGH NUMBER OF EVENT CHANGES, ALTERATIONS, AND CANCELLATIONS, WE ARE CONTINUING THIS EVENT CALENDAR AS AN ARCHIVE ONLY. YOU SHOULD USE THE INFORMATION ONLY AS A HISTORICAL REFERENCE. YOU NEED TO GO TO THE SPECIFIC EVENT WEBSITE TO GET THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION. PLEASE ALSO NOTE – WE ARE NOT THE ONES TO CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTIONS ABOUT AN EVENT, PLEASE CONTACT THE EVENT CONTACTS DIRECTLY.
- This event has passed.
Salty Lizard 100 New Date- Oct 3rd!
May 15, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - May 16, 2020 @ 6:00 pm
New Date- Oct 3rd!
Come play in the desert with us, May 15th-16th at the premier inauguration of the first-ever Salty Lizard 100! That’s right, on May 16th, Salty & Stupid Cycling and DiscoverWendover are hosting a gravel century ride around the beautiful Silver Island Mountains in Utah’s West Desert and we want you there to join our little dirt-loving community. In addition to the women’s and men’s 100+-miler, we’ll have 40- and 60-mile options for people to get their feet dirty, as well as single speed and tandem century categories. The course has pretty much everything: punchy climbs, fast pavement dirt, loose, sandy wash, bedrock, chunk, you name it. There’ll be scenic vistas of towering Pilot Peak and the Bonneville Salt Flats and sneak peaks of the curvature of the earth (take THAT, flat earthers!).
A portion of all the proceeds goes to help promote healthy lifestyles in Wendover schools and funds a bike giveaway for kids in need. The night before the ride, we’ll all sing “Koombaya,” take in the Rickshaw Race and the Kids’ Race, camp out at the hangar where the Enola Gay was stationed before dropping the atomic bomb, and share a screening of the Will Smith classic, Independence Day mere feet from where it was filmed. So come enjoy the beautiful, aethereal landscape of the Bonneville Salt Flats and be part of the high-speed party!
– Free camping at the Historic Wendover Airfield Museum.
– Aid stations with volunteers courtesy of Wendover and West Wendover.
– Nutrition and hydration swag courtesy of Hammer Nutrition.
– Free entry into a raffle with prizes from TRP Cycling and Wasatch Touring.
– Swag bag with t-shirt and finisher’s medals for all, um, finishers!
– Witness grown humans racing each other in rickshaws.
– Kids’ race!
– Seriously fun and fast gravel riding with women’s and men’s age group categories.
– And MORE!! (Seriously, more sponsors are coming on all the time)