LATEST NEWS & REVIEWS
- Shimano GRX Carbon Wheels: At The FinishThey aren’t flashy, but they will get the job done reliably and with a high degree of performance.
- A Spectrum Of Lights: Cutoff Beam Lights From Bontrager & Outbound LightingNow here is a thought. Let’s say you have a real need or desire for either one of these lights. But the shortcomings are an issue.
- State Bicycle Co. 6061 Black Label All Road: At the FinishState Bicycle Co. did a good job making the 6061 Black Label All Road look more expensive than it is. I frequently got asked about it when I’d roll up to group rides, and almost universally, folks were shocked when I told them it was a $1,400 bike. I’d have to agree. I frequently caught myself staring into the depths of the woodland green paint.
- Alchemy Bikes Offers Au Range BikesSo what do you do when you already hand-make top flight bike frames in carbon and Ti and want to go to the next level? You add gold, of course.
- Keepers: WTB SealantSo far I am super happy with how the valve clogging issues have completely gone away.
- Shimano RX801 and RX8R Shoes: CheckpointMaybe MG said it best when he said, “Light, stiff, comfortable… The RX8Rs have all three. I’m digging ’em.”
- PRO Smart Cage System: At The FinishThe PRO Smart Cage System streamlined my bike, made room for items that used to have to be crammed in with tubes and multi-tools, and it made sense to me.
- WTB Vulpine 700 X 40mm Tires: CheckpointSo, looking at this tire as what WTB has described it as – a gravel racing tire – I have to hand it to WTB at this point.
- Long Live Aluminum Rims: A Carbon CounterpointBut before we get too far into the weeds on aluminum’s value propositions for the gravel rider, let’s step back a minute and examine what the heck is really going on here.
- Long Live Aluminum RimsI am a fan of alloy wheels. And by that I mean wheels built with aluminum rims.
- A Box Full Of Topeak: At The FinishAfter a couple of months of living with this stuff, I have my final verdict on each product ready to go now.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST